Featured in LogoLounge Volume 7
Featured in iheartlogos Volume 2
Winner of 6 GD USA Magazine
2016 American In-House Design Awards
Winner of 5 GD USA Magazine
2015 American In-House Design Awards
W3 Web Awards (2015)
AVA Digital Awards (2015)
Marcom Awards (2014)
PRSA Phoenix Award
PRSA Georgia Award of Excellence
Winner of 8 GD USA Magazine
2014 American In-House Design Awards
Winner of 8 GD USA Magazine
2013 American In-House Design Awards
Marcom Awards (2012)
Winner of 4 GD USA Magazine
2012 American In-House Design Awards
Winner of 8 GD USA Magazine
2011 American In-House Design Awards
Winner GD USA Magazine
2009 American In-House Design Award
Winner of 3 GD USA Magazine
2008 American In-House Design Awards
Utne Independent Publishing Award
Overall Excellence Category
Global Payments Inc. Manager, Art Design and Direction | June 2013 – Present | Senior Graphic Designer | June 2010 – June 2013 | Graphic Designer | December 2008 – June 2010
Lead creative for Fortune 1000, S&P 500 international financial technology company.
• Inception and design of all corporate marketing assets including trade show displays, e-blasts, web ads, magazine ads, print collateral, signage, apparel, brochures, web assets, consumer packaging, social media assets, infographics, logos, annual reports, special projects and more.
• Art direction for all regions and business units as well as offshore designer, freelancer designers and agencies both traditional and digital.
• Spearheaded corporate re-brand, working closely with the Asia-Pacific, Canadian, South American and European offices to develop and oversee international brand standards and uniform brand identity across 30 countries. All design, conception and execution done in-house.
• Art directed and designed corporate website relaunch as well as providing UI and UX consultation.
• Led worldwide product branding initiative.
• Art direction of product and lifestyle custom photo and video shoots.
• Crafted and implemented a unified icon strategy across all business units.
• Manage printers, promotional and other vendors across global markets.
Consumer Source Inc – Primedia | Senior Creative Designer | January 2006 – September 2008
• Collaborated with the art director, creative director and copywriter to create all original collateral for the Consumer Source Inc. and Primedia brands (Apartment Guide, NewHomeGuide, AutoGuide, Today’s Custom Homes, DistribuTech, Rentals.com and RentRentaur.com) including ad campaigns, publication design, packaging design, multimedia design, flash presentations, trade show graphics, media kits and more.
• Created new brand and logo for the launch of VacationRentals.com.
• Redesigned the NewHomeGuide and Today’s Custom Homes publications.
• Maintained and updated marketing website.
• Created a series of unique “bumpy mail” direct mail campaigns that led to a 65% increase in reply rate.
• Crafted identity and helped launch PRIMEWIRE Primedia’s corporate intranet.
Fashion Victim | Press and Pre-Press Technician Specialist | June 2005 – January 2006
• Was responsible for preparing, maintaining and operating 14-color automatic silk-screen press and training four-color manual press operators.
• Matched and mixed all inks for production using the Pantone color matching system.
• Maintained operational condition of screens and presses.
• Problem solved production and pre press issues.
Pytlik Design Associates | Associate Designer | October 2003 – June 2004
• Primary responsibilities included design and post production of brochures, mailers, books, identity systems and exhibition signage for a variety of Pittsburgh-based museums and non-profit entities including: The Carnegie Museum of Art, The Warhol Museum, The Frick Museum, The Pittsburgh Historic Landmarks Foundation, Frank Lloyd Wright’s Falling Water and others.
• Created logo and identity system for the Rachel Carson Trails Conservancy.
• Collaborated with creative director on Oakmont Country Club 100 Years book.
• Designed exhibition signage, brochures and promotional mailers for a retrospective of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Falling Water.
• Created all promotional materials for the Pittsburgh Historic Landmarks Foundation.
Contract and Pro-Bono Work Experience
Bio-Geometric Integration Seminars (BGI) | Lead Designer | November 2013 – Present Worked closely with the founder of BGI chiropractic to re-brand the organization and create a new logo, collateral collection and an updated marketing approach to engage university student BGI clubs.
Salt Magazine | Senior Designer | November 2003 – July 2005 Collaborated with a team of five designers and two editors to design and created quarterly Pittsburgh art publication and literary journal, Salt Magazine, as well as all promotional items for the publication and signage, posters and flyers for the issue release parties.
BrabenderCox | Contract Designer | September 2004 – December 2004 Created direct mail campaigns for Congressional and Senate race candidates for Pittsburgh / DC-based political and multimedia consultant firm.
American Eagle Outfitters | Contract Designer | May 2003 – September 2003 Responsible for market research, concept and execution of store signage, logo development, as well as print advertising and billboard design for Pittsburgh / New York City-based apparel company.
Adobe Creative Suite
Google for Business Suite
Microsoft Office Suite
Education and Certifications
La Roche College, Pittsburgh, PA Bachelor of Science in Graphic and Communication Design, 2004 Cum Laude
HOW University In-House Business & Management Certification Parts 1 and 2